Earlier this month, after receiving a lot of feedback from the community and after careful consideration, the school board decided not to proceed with either of the candidates that were introduced to the community at the community forum and reopen the search for a principal candidate who will best meet the needs of the school and the community.
Last night (March 27th), the Principal Search Committee met for the first time to discuss how we will proceed with the search in the coming weeks. The search is being facilitated by Bob Stevens who has 35+ years of experience as a principal in Vermont and has assisted numerous school districts in the process of hiring superintendents and principals. Below is our expected timeline for the principal search. Dates could change as additional interview rounds or meetings are required.
- April 4th - Schoolspring.com job posting closes
- April 8th - Community surveys due back to Todd Baumeister or the school office
- April 10th - Search committee meeting to review applicants, determine which candidates will be invited to interview and finalize interview questions
- April 15th - Candidate interviews
- April 29th - Community forum to meet the candidates
- May 13th - Normal FES School Board meeting where FWSU Superintendent will recommend a candidate to the school board for approval.
We are inviting the community to take a brief survey to share their thoughts on our school’s strengths, opportunities, and principal leadership qualities. The committee will then use the information when considering a candidate or candidates to bring forward to the community forum.
Todd Baumesiter, Chair
Fletcher School Board